Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Short Takes: The Gay Cure

I view sexual preference like I view any other preference. I like the color green more than the color red, for instance. It's my color preference. I like dark chocolate and not white chocolate. It's my chocolate preference.

Am I ever going to stop liking dark chocolate? Sadly for my ever-widening ass, no, not any time soon.

I can't be cured of my color and chocolate preference. Whatever caused my preferences, be it from birth or from environment and upbringing, these preferences are who I am.

And I'll probably always like boys. Sendhil Ramamurthy in particular. Damn, he's pretty. Look, look at him. I don't care if you like girls, he's pretty. Enjoy that pic of him. I should post him every day.

My point, and I do have one, is that you can't cure your sexual preference. I can't stop thinking that Sendhil is foxy. What you can do is ignore it, suppress it, and deny it. But it will always be there. It's who you are.

With that in mind, Ted Haggard is not cured. His "dark side" is the same as mine: the love of penises. The fact that he has one too really should't matter in the least. He lied to his followers, telling them that God hates Fags. Now that he's "cured" his church is giving him $130,000.

There's still debate over whether or not the Christian God hates homosexuals. But we all know He hates hypocrites.

Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye are like unto whited sepulchres, which indeed appear beautiful outward, but are within full of dead men's bones, and of all uncleanness. Even so ye also outwardly appear righteous unto men, but within ye are full of hypocrisy and iniquity. -Matthew 23:27-28

No comments: